Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Danny's Second e-mail

Hello Everyone,
I'm doing great here at the mtc and i've had quite the two weeks! (Sorry for missiong last weeks email.) I'm not sure what to update you on, but our Cambodian district has now officially gone to script cambodian. Isn't this amazing, I've only been here 4 weeks and now I can speak, read, and write in cambodian? Granted, I don't speak it, or read it. . . or write it very well, but I can do it.
I was shocked to hear what happened to Debi, well acutally I wasn't exactly sure what happened for a little while. I got a letter from Dad and it said something like, "oh and I'm sure you've heard about Debi by now, and now that she'll be just fine. I've seen her and it looks like she'll pull through." (ok, maybe I exaggerated about the "I've seen her part") but when I read it, I was like, "What! What's going on, unfortunately I hadn't heard anything, so I thought Debi was near death or something for 3 or so days. But I was deeply sadden and concerned when I learned of her accident. I can totally relate to what Bonnie. . . I mean Sister Blackburn (mission rules) said about all of these things happening in our family. If you guys could just sit in the living room and do nothing for the next two years, so nothing happens to you and you're all there when I get back, it would be great.
Well anyways, we had a great devotional by Elder Lund, who wrote Work and the Glory, Kingdom and Crown, fire and covenant, etc. He spoke about the book of Mormon from a writer's perspective. He's a wonderful speaker and was great to hear some of the wonderful insights into the Book of Mormon.
Well, not much has changed, other than I've been sick the last 5 or so days. Not bad, just the flu. Oh and the two finger infections now... but they are taking care of me here, I've been to see the dermatologist twice as of today, and the Mtc has a whole staff of doctors to help as well. I went in to see the doctor about my fingers and flu like symptoms, and I had my prescription in about 30 mins. So it was great and i'm feeling much better. My fingers aren't feeling quite as good as I am (the ring fingers on both hands are in grown), but today the dermatologist should take care of it.
Well enough about that, I've pretty much gotten used to getting up at 6:15 every morning and being in-bed with the lights out at 10:30. It's actually quite invigorating (hopefully my parents don't remind me of that when I get home, it's not like i'm going to bed that early when I get home. :) ). I really do feel like I get plently of sleep, definitely plently of food and I even have two beds and closets to myself. It's really neat, my companion and I got a room made for 4 people and we will be the only ones staying in the room for the duration of my stay here. Another nice thing is that I get to play basketball everyday for 50 mins. So good exercise. Well I love you all and am anxious to hear from you. I just want to you to know that I know what I am doing is absolutely the best thing I could be doing. There is no better feeling than serving the Lord, and I have felt His love for me, more in my life than at anyother time! I know Jesus is the Christ and the Savior of the World. I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God, and that a man will get closer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book. I Love you all and miss you so much! Have a wonderful week!
-Elder Daniel Ormsby

No comments: