Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Danny's eighth e-mail

Hello Everyone!
Well this is officially the beginning of my last week at the MTC and I now have my flight plans for Cambodia. Here's the deal:
Detla air Lines: flight 1133 I leave 9:23 PM 17th June I Arrive at LAX 10:34 PM Then I leave from LAX 1:30 AM 18th of June (EVA airways flight:15) and Fly to . . . . Taipe Taiwan and Arrive 6:20 AM on June 19th then I wait another 3 hours and fly to Phnom Penh at 9:10 AM (EVA 265) and Arrive 11:35 AM June 19th in Cambodia! Hurray. . . . I'm pretty much going on the plane ride across the world. . . Lindberg's got nothing on me. . . ok well he may have gone a little further but he was the pilot so it doesn't count. I am so excited and can't wait to actually get out and get my new comp/trainer in the field. The first thing we do is eat dinner and get my bike. Then it's off to the races. It's so strange to think I've been her over 2 months. .. . I'll finish this email in a little bit.


Hey. . . sorry about the abrupt end to the first half of my email. I just had to go and get my depature haircut. So. . . what's new with me? I don't think anything. I'm still working on the language and ever trying to be ready for the Cambodian People. We'll see how that turns out next week. Oh by the way, if anyone would desire to write me. . . I would strongly suggest using the "DEAR ELDER" website and write using that method. Because my mission uses the pouch system. The address is : Elder Ormsby
Cambodia Phnom Penh Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150
USA
That's the best way to get a hold of me. Well let me see if i can write something interesting for a change. Oh, well one of the goals my Zone had was to be friend the person sitting next to us on the plane and to share a pass-a-long card with them or briefly see if they are interested in our message. However, my companion and I will have 3 different flights and one of them is like. . . . 15 hours long. the longest of the others is one flight and 3 1/2 hours long. So I'm a little scared about that, but once I start just talking to them . . . I'm sure it it'll be fine. I guess I'll have plenty of time to study. Well the soaking fingers in the vinegar continues, but they are almost completely healed. Oh. . . and the cambodian people will most likely refer to me as Elde Awhms Bei. . .which literally means Elder "Uncle Cabbage" which i think is a pretty sweet name. Not really fiercesome or anything but cool all the same. Well I'd just like to end by telling you I'm still having the time of my life and can't wait to share this message with the world. The Gospel is true and Christ is our Savior. I love you all and wish to hear from you soon!
-Elder Ormsby

No comments: