Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Danny's sixth e-mail

Hello to everyone and family,
Well I'm sure you're probably getting really bored of this, but this was yet another great week at the MTC. We had President Monson, Elder Holland, and Elder Eyring come and speak to us. . . . ok, well not really but it could happen. Well, our group of four Cambodian Elders are moving on to solely speaking Cambodian 24 hours/5 days a week. It's getting pretty intense, I get my flight plans to Cambodia in about 9 days or so . . . I'm so excited! I'm still working hard on trying to read the Cambodian script. . . . and memorizing as much of their vocabulary as I can. It's pretty tought though, their language is . . . difficult, but I have no doubts that I will be able to be fluent when I'm needed. Ok, does anyone know what is going on with the weather here? The Missionaries are not informed on any weather information and so we walk outside and it can be eighty degrees one day and then the next it can be freezing and raining. Just a funny thing. Well I'm now making another trip to the dermatologist to take a look at my infected fingers. . . I know it's pretty nasty. They constantly weep and bleed. It's funny. . .I've been to 3 different doctors and they've all tried different things and none of them really work. But this time. . .I think the doctors pulling out the big guns. . . Hopefully some needles and a scaple or two. In my study of the scriptures I've been trying to study more than ever about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I've come to see now that all miracles in our lives are brought about through the Atonement of Christ. I've also seen from those I speak to on the Phone at the Referal center, feel like God doesn't love them, because so many bad things have happened to them. It's so wonderful to know the truth and be able to explain that yes, everyone has difficult things in their life, but the Atonement is there. Often people feel like Christ's Atonement isn't helping them and that they are alone. However, in order to feel of its healing and comforting power we must obey His commandments and have faith.
I'm so happy to be here. And I love being a missionary. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon! This Church is true. By Reading and applying the teachings of the Book of Mormon a man will get nearer to God than by any other book.
Love, Elder Ormsby

No comments: