Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Danny's third e-mail

Hey Everyone,
It's great to have another p-day and I can't believe it's already been another week. It's pretty crazy. Well it's been business as usual, studying, studying, and more studying. We have been working really hard to learn this language and it's coming along. I've had some great experiences though. My companion and I have been tyring to read the script cambodian book of mormon, and we read a verse and a 1/4 of a column in about 40 minutes, which was both really exciting and pretty darn humbling. A few weeks ago we could barely read script in the slightest, and now we are beginning to make some very real progress on reading. we read at about a 2nd or 3rd grade level. . . ok well maybe 1st grade. But we are learnign more and more everyday. One of the sad things about last night was. . . . (anticipation?) . . . . we had our third english group of Elders leave last night. It's a little depressing, and tommorrow, we get another batch to send off. It's actually relatively funny. We get to see the same look on their faces on the first day, the same confusion and you really can feel for them. But within four or five days, you've got the MTC pretty well down. It's kinda funny. . . . the other day when my companion and I were coming to our room, we walked past the bathroom and we heard a screeching yell from the bathroom, as if some sorta mouse was chasing a bunch of girls around an enclosed room. Turns out all the showers simultaneously decided to spurt out its hottest water, to the utter surprise of everyone using them. Well the TRC was great this week! The TRC is where we have volunteers come in and let us teach them, and we had some cambodians come in and we had the opportunity to talk with them in cambodian, needless to say they spoke a mile a minute, but I could actually understand much of what they said. It was great to see how much we've progressed. Well as far as my fingers go, they are almost completely healed, even though they still bleed every time I play basketball. It's kinda funny, but i'm not exactly sure what you guys would be interested in, because everything here is so routine, not that I don't love it, I do, however it doesn't make great for writing material. I am so excited to finally get to the field, even though I still have another 5 weeks or so. The weeks here fly by so fast. This week seemed only a few days long, I guess it's because I am so busy all the time. Well I guess that's all the exciting news from your Cambodian Missionary, but I'd love to hear back from you as always, I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
-Elder Ormsby

No comments: