Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Danny's seventh e-mail

Hello everyone out amongst Babylon. It's great to hear from you as always and I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. This has once again been a very fast week and I only have one more week before I leave for Cambodia. It's really very very very exciting. My teachers has told us that his flight though was around 30 hours or so. Wow, I think I might die on that plane. 30 hours is an eternity on a plane and I don't know what I'm going to do. Well it's official now, I no longer am speaking english. I still can't read very fast but it's coming. As far as my fingers are going they are finally finally finally beginning to heal. And for good. Last week I went and saw the dermatologist again and he had me soak my fingers in vinegar 3 times a day for a week. I'm not going to lie, every time I did it. . . .I felt like I was purposefully setting my fingers on fire. It hurt so bad. I was tough though, and to everyone else, it seemed as if I had drifted into paradise. (while soaking them).
Something worth mentioning is that Sister Dibb. (President Monson's daughter) came and spoke to all the missionaries. She was wonderful, her whole talk was about her experiences with her father. Remarkably President Monson's family sounds strangely simliar to my own family. He had a large family and they had family gatherings and he brought his dates to the family activities to I guess get their opinions and such. He's very much like Randy Turner from what she said.
Well. . . I'm just sitting here. . . waiting for my clothes to dry for the second time. I'm very happy and am so blessed to be able to come and serve the Lord. I truly have felt His influence so much stronger than I've ever felt before. He's carried me a long way, over compensating my efforts tenfold upon tenfold. I love this work (and believe me, it's work.) One thing we were able to watch was Elder Holland's talk on my Missionary Work is so hard and why living the gospel is hard. He said the reason is because "Salvation is not a cheap experience. It never was and it never has been and it never will be. Our salvation required the best blood. If you ever wonder sometimes in life (missionary work) about why things are hard, or if there isn't an easier way, don't forget that you aren't the first to ask that same question. Christ, God Himself, fell on His Face and asked that same question, 'if this cup can pass from me, let it pass." I can tell you this. I absolutely believe that. I know this is the truth and the reason why life is hard is because Salvation isn't cheap, it required the ultimate sacrifice, and if we have to take a step or two towards calvary, spend a minute or two in Gethsemane, be grateful. Because the price has been paid.
Well I guess that's my inspirational thought for the week.
I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!
-Elder Ormsby

No comments: