Sunday, March 2, 2008

To those who have read the previous:

Well, what can I say? For lack of a better word, I'm "shocked," people read my blog. Well anyways, today I met a guy who was the first MTC missionary to Cambodia, and I found out some very interesting things about cambodian people.
First off, they don't ever touch each other's shoulders or heads. Instead of putting their arm around you or shaking your hand to show their friendship, they'll hold your hand. However the women are excluded from this practice, so if I'm teaching a family the lessons, and they feel the spirit, the father just might grab and hold my hand during the lesson. (freaky uh?)
Oh and another thing, whenever they point at something, or give directions, they point with their lips, like they would a kiss. haha, that's hilarious I think.
Oh and if you didn't know, my farewell is on the 23rd of March at 9:00 at the Canal Drive building in Lindon. And I have the awesome topic of "How Christ Frees us Through the Atonement." So hopefully you can make it, because it'll be . . . . hopefully uplifiting :)
So to all you who read the previous, Good (morning, afternoon, night), and Good luck!
-Danny
Oh and if all of you would be so kind, please let me read your blogs (it makes me feel included :) ).

6 comments:

Ashley said...

yay!!! im so coming to your farewell! i cant wait and danny you're going to be a freaking amazing missionary i know it! :) oh my gosh im so proud of you! and thats hilarious about the pointing thing with the lips! i learned in anthropology that the bushmen of the kalahari desert do that too :) so interesting

Jody Lynn said...

You're going to have a grand time in Cambodia. haha.

Jody Lynn said...

I love the pic too by the way. Very...Danny like. Haha. Is that your missionary pic?

Katya said...

Oh my, I'm totally coming to your farewell too. haha, Cambodia will be so rad. I'm a teeny bit jealous :)

Lyss said...

danny! i am really hoping ill be able to make it to your farewell! cambodia sounds awesome! i need your email address so i can add you to read my blog so if you could post it on here or email me ill add you!

Amanda said...

I have heard of people pointing with their lips. That is way funny. I like your picture! It's a good one. I think my blog is open...so read away....it's real cool. :) ha ha, just kidding. good game on saturday huh! It was good to see you guys!