Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.


To those who have read the previous, and to those who haven't (namely Kylie):
Can I just start this post by saying that I'm so happpy! (so much in fact happpy needed an extra 'p') Well, tommorrow is my last official day working at the super duper wal*mart and can I just say how much I won't miss it! haha. So here's what's happened lately in the life of me. I received a letter from the Mission President in Cambodia and he asked me to reread the Book of Mormon before I get to the MTC which means I'm having to read about 25 pages a day, which is pretty draining, but in an incredible way! I mean I love every minute of it, but when you read so much it's like filling your mind with so much good it's simply exhausting. I think it's one of the best things in my life right now. Well. . . . I've been trying to put my talk together and it's pretty tough. I mean I'm not exactly sure what to say, so hopefully the spirit will make up for most of it. Oh by the way, My farewell is at 9:00 am at the Canal drive building off of 400 north in lindon and i'd love to see you all there!
Oh my gosh! I've been sitting down writing this and such for the past little while and I didn't really notice all that much, but my entire right leg fell asleep so I pretty much fell over from my leg being all tingly. Oh man, and it's been almost 4 minutes and it's still asleep i was limping all over the upstairs! It's pretty nuts, my entire leg felt like your arm does after you hit your funny bone really hard!
Wow, and oh my goodness I've almost finished reading for about the 7th time the Peacegiver, and if you haven't read that book. . . . it's just . . . . a sad day. But good news, you can still read it! I'd say that the Peacegiver is up there on my top 5 favorite books (excluding scripture). So I would highly highly highly recommend it. In fact, I'm going to do what the commercials do, I'll include a real life story!
Ben Hoglund even read it after I gave it to him. At first he was skeptical about how good it was, and he loved it, so if you can't take my word for it, take Ben's. And if you can't take Ben's word for it, take Diego's word for it. And if you have no idea who Diego is, that's ok. Diego happens to be a fictional character who fits in this advertisment quite well. Oh well, let me know how you guys are! Have a wonderful day!
To those who have read the following: Good morning, afternoon, or night, and Good luck!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

danny you're hilarious :D glad you're almost done with wal mart haha and im sure your talk will be amazing and i actually have not read the peacegiver so you should lend it to me :)

kyliebrooke|s said...

yay for missionary danny! wal*mart is done and cambodia is waiting for you! i'm so excited that you're choosing to serve a mission!

Jody Lynn said...

You are amazing Danny! I have been sitting here reading everyone's blogs, and am amazed by everyone. You have all made me feel the spirit in some way or another. I have amazing friends. I am so blessed. Danny...I might need to stop by Wal*Mart today and see you one more time. Thanks for the tip to read the Peacegiver. I will have to read that one. Good luck reading the Book of Mormon, and good luck with your talk this Sunday. I am sure it will be amazing. :D

Lyss said...

haha your leg fell asleep! JK I am excited to hear your talk this weekend, I know you'll do amazing! The scriptures are AWESOME! I love them so much, and I didn't realize how much I didn't know about them, until I came up here to school...can I just emphisize again how amazing they are?! I think i'll have to read that book, i've been looking for something to read lately! :)