Friday, October 31, 2008

Sept 17th, 2008

Hello everyone,
I'm sorry I haven't exactly written one of these for a while, but let's see how this one goes. First off, I'm doing great right now. I'm in good health, the work is pressing onward, and I'm doing my best to help in that work. I'm with Elder Horton, from Mesa, Arizona, he's a pretty cool guy, we are getting a lot done together. We have a slightly different schedule here. We get up at 5:30 AM and are inside by 8:30 at the latest. we are currently teaching a lot of people. Most of our work is teaching new investigators. Most aren't terribly interested, but we are having success with those who are feeling the sprirt of the restoration and the gospel.
Now to some more detailed things. Currently we are working with a man named Tuen, he's a way nice guy and he's very bright. He reads his scriptures like crazy. He has a baptismal date for October 4th, which is actually October 3rd where you guys are. :) At the moment my companion and I are working as translators in Operation Smile. It's so fun. I love it, people are coming from as far as 7 hours away to receive medical treatment and get cleft pallets and lips fixed by plastic surgeons and oral surgeons. I have to do a lot of translating for them and since there is only the two of us to go around, we are in constant demand in all parts of the hospital. I've seen some pretty awesome and bloody surgeries, it's all awesome. They are helping so many people that have such horrible deformities. I love it though.
It's been raining here almost non stop for like 5 days and it shows no time for stopping either. Well anyways, I love you all. This church is true, and the Book of Mormon will change your life if you let it! Have a wonderful week!
-Elder Ormsby

No comments: