Friday, October 31, 2008

Oct 22nd, 2008

Dear Everyone,
Just for your information here's what's going on in the mission:
One of my investigators (Tuen) when he prays, names himself in the prayer and introduces himself. It's really funny. Something that I've learned that it is so important to get married in the temple and to do it right. I have an investigator who is ready for baptism, but because she didn't get married, she is struggling and has to postpone her baptism until the government recognizes her marriage. She is suffering over it too, she's been waiting like 2 months and can't get baptized because she didn't do it right. I have another way awesome investigator named Maly. She, after committing her to read the Book of Mormon, read the whole thing and prayed about it in 3 days. She said that in answer to her prayer that she had a dream and it was of Joseph Smith in the Grove and she could see the light descending on him and then it would end. She said she had that same dream three times that night. She says that it was an absolute answer to her prayer, I think so too.
One other thing that I've really really noticed her is the absolute necessity for hometeachers. I think that so many of the members in the church stay active because of active hometeachers. It's really incredible how many people are inactive here because they don't have people visiting them. They feel unloved, unappreciated, unnoticed, etc. And we are having to take the bulk of the less-active work here because there are no hometeachers to do the job. Right now my companion and I are working with the Branch President to start up hometeaching now. Many here, if visited will come to church the next week.
Oh well now I'm just trailing off. Well I'd like to tell you that I'm loving it over here and that my testimony of this gospel is growing as I learn to serve my Heavenly Father with all my heart. I'm trying to be better each day and trying to give my all. I get the feeling that I'm forgetting something important this week. Oh well, I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love, Elder Ormsby

No comments: