Sunday, August 17, 2008

Aug 6th, 2008

Hello Hello,
Hey everybody, It's great to be back here after another wonderful week! Well first off, I don't have much to report on, but here's what I can remember from this week. First off, I was pretty sick at the beginning of the week, so President Winegar brought me down to Phnom Penh and got me to some doctors who got me on an IV and had me cured from my "Giardia" in about 12 hours or so. It felt so good to be well again. I was back up here in battambang in no time flat.
We have had a great time teaching our investigators up here. We just recently had two investigators talk to their parents, who thus far haven't been thrilled with us teaching their mid-twenty year old daughters, however, they agreed to let them get baptized. They are going to be baptized the first week of next month! We are so excited. It will however be sad to lose my companion. Elder Douglas is ending his mission on saturday, so I'll be getting a new companion very quick! I can't believe I'm already on my 3rd companion.
Sorry, I can't think of much else at the moment. But I absolutely love it here! I am having a great time here and I love the people. The Lord is blessing us tremendously. We have the most important message of all. Our message is simple: God is our Heavenly Father and He loves you and me. He has a plan for us to return to live with Him with our families. He sent His Son to provide us the way to return. We have a living Prophet, through whom the Lord teaches us. Once the people start catching the glimpse of this message, they light up and something turns on. They see that there is a purpose to life. There's no happier feeling in this world than seeing someone discover they have a Heavenly Home and a Heavenly Father.
Love, Elder Ormsby

No comments: